- Practice Areas
Mergers and Acquisitions
University of Florida, B.A. cum laude, 2003
Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2007 Law and Business Certificate
Publication Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law
- Bar Admissions
North Carolina, 2008
- Professional Activities
North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law Section, Section Home Page Chair
Orange County Bar Association
- Awards and Publications
Woodward/White, Inc., The Best Lawyers in America, corporate, 2016-2017
North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2015-2017
- Community and
Volunteer, Wills for Heroes program through the North Carolina Bar Association
Jonathan L. Jenkins
» Download vCard
230 N. Elm Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
Mr. Jenkins focuses his practice in general corporate, transactional and contract matters. Assisting businesses, startups and business owners, Jonathan counsels clients on matters ranging from ongoing corporate governance issues to day-to-day operational legal needs. He has experience working directly with clients on a wide range of transactional matters relating to corporate, LLC and partnership formation and dissolution, mergers and acquisitions, asset sales, employment agreements, non-compete and non-disclosure agreements, buy-sell agreements, private equity funds, finance and general corporate governance. Jonathan has experience advising corporate shareholders, partners, and members of LLCs interested in disposing of or purchasing ownership interests.
Jonathan has also regularly represented institutional investors, developers, and lenders in the structuring, closing, and ongoing management of projects financed using private equity funds and federal and state tax credits including new markets tax credits and low-income housing tax credits. Counseling clients on a wide range of commercial transactions, Jonathan has advised syndicators, investors, and fund managers on issues relating to partnership agreement negotiation and drafting, entity governance, tax credit compliance, project-level deal finance and related contractual agreements.
A selection of matters Jonathan has managed:
- Represent buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions, negotiate and draft asset sale, stock purchase agreements, and financing documents in a wide variety of industries including vehicle maintenance, utilities, and hospitality.
- Counsel to local startup companies, including an internet retailer, e-advertiser, medical billing provider, food product manufacturer and several drop-in day care facilities and Montessori preschools.
- Represent healthcare product consultant in operational, securities and confidentiality matters, involving finder agreements for multi-million dollar product line acquisitions and divestments.
- Served as outside general counsel to local entertainment conglomerate, managing all corporate legal matters including formation, investment fund creation and the drafting of restaurant, barroom and talent management agreements.
- Represent chemical engineering consulting firm, assisting with local and international consulting arrangements, speaking engagements and board of director appointments.
- Negotiate and draft commercial lease workout and business sale financing documents, including assignments, purchase agreements, promissory notes and UCC financing statements.
- Structured member buyout for deadlocked joint venture limited liability company and drafted all deal documentation, including agreement in principle, purchase and escrow agreements.
- Assist employers and employees with the review of employment contracts and related provisions, including non-disclosure, liquidated damage and non-compete clauses.
- Serve as outside general counsel to a family-owned real estate investment company and its subsidiaries; drafted asset buy-sell agreements and UCC fixture filings for dry cleaner and drafted multiple commercial leases for landlord.